Agenda writer novel. Chapter thirtieth.
CHAPTER THIRTIETH.
A modern psychologist working with more certainty than ever before, even recently, the specialization is reached that allows a wide preventive action. Essential to this progress is certainly the delimitation of areas of inquiry and the use of sophisticated tools that provide other sciences of psychology. A psychologist who works in parallel structures and is part of a team of psychological and physical control of the states members of other structures has to do with three different types of data: map of the DNA of the individual in question (prepared by geneticists) map of factors hereditary (including analysis of the characteristics of the DNA of the parents, in the case of the very young), analysis of the socio environment in which the subject is inserted. On this basis, one arrives to outline the profile of the individual, indicating membership in one of the ten basic types. In this way the psychologist is forced to operate almost exclusively on prevention, early detection helps the course of action upstream to prevent the onset of disease or simple adjustment disorders, if not even more radical action is required on structure of DNA. Does not address, however, another important part of prevention, one that acts downstream and that concerns the chemical composition of blood, but with this we have entered into a different terrain, nearest the onset of disease.
Downstream of psychology, psychoanalysis in its various operating currents, and the various technical specialties (decoding of dreams, mental telepathy, were the collective unconscious) which, however (and this is a boast of Sciences) see their role increasingly reduced : psychoanalysis and psychiatry, in fact, deal with the remaining 10% of cases. Of course, psychoanalysis retains a vital cultural role, which is also evident from the fact that psychoanalysts are among the few scientists present in all three structures. The psychologist plays a very high pyramid in the human sciences, together with the geneticist, in a slightly higher biologists and biochemists. In fact, he is forced to operate with a huge mass of data because it is always true that is to handle, among other things, the data that's available to the geneticist, the reverse is not always true, or rather not is almost never. Rather than control adult staff he is responsible for preparing the data relevant to the analysis of new members of the community, the study of family constellations and all that is useful to place the subject in its context. Specialization has led to further refinement di funzioni: i nuovi nati, dei quali è possibile delineare le caratteristiche essenziali durante le prime sei ore di vita, vengano mappati da un'équipe che si occupa esclusivamente di loro. Tale gruppo di lavoro gode di un prestigio particolare all’interno della Struttura, i suoi membri costituiscono un consesso austero, dalle regole di comportamento severe e sono tenuti ad una riservatezza assoluta. E si tratta di un'équipe formata da personale giovane, con una forte presenza femminile: Chantal Devisè lavora in questa equipe.
Studiosa delle genealogie, aveva iniziato a occuparsi di psicologia sulla terra e imbarcatasi con i genitori e il fratello, ha continuato gli studi sulla Bolla. Vive sola pur non essendo una solitaria: solide friends, art of living, a certain coquetry salon, accompanied by a sudden seductive French charm. Chantal, in short, is a brilliant woman, who has reached the position it has to work with and without excessive effort, as if all he could of course first time. However it looks like those guys who spend their time thinking only at work.
Chantal is now grappling with the investigation into a series of data on one hundred new born last year. He noted some curious statistical anomalies, but still lack the genetic map of some of the subjects. He had just this evening and is looking at right now. He stops the phone ringing.
"I Devis forgive Miss "but I can not understand why she wants an expert in historical demography in the team: what do you need? However, I should send the request, examine the course."
other side of the wire is a break , then the property manager she starts to talk:
"Look, I have every confidence in you, Miss Devis, I just responded to a request that seemed to me at the moment very much ..."
"Very special ..."
" You say so, no doubt that I shall examine. "
" I do not doubted, and thank you for this ... ".
Chantal smiles Commander of the parallel structure, not a character of the easiest. Close the folder and open the refrigerator, a beer is what you need.
At that moment enters a colleague.
"When you finish?"
"Tomorrow, do you?
"Fifteen additional, at what point are you?"
"With my data?" The man nods.
"Somewhat later, but I would wait for the final report."
"Three months?"
"He will not end up first, however, leave notes on what I've done ..."
"Who is it for you? "
" I think Friedman or Musenda, I do not remember whose turn it is. "
The man looks at his time sipping a cool drink with the taste of grapefruit
" Am I wrong or are slower than usual ... "
" You're not wrong, is that there are outliers; nothing special, but I have to get to the bottom on a couple of questions and then even the geneticists have sent us maps late, it has not happened to you? "
" Yes, we do now that I think is true, among the 'Another one of them told me that the maps become more complex. At first I did not understand what the hell you would tell me or if it was a joke, then one night I heard him say even Dakshooll the club ... "
Chantal looks up startled.
"What exactly?"
"What maps are more complex."
The two look at long-tightening the lips, Godunov has a puzzled expression
"What do they want to say?"
"In the report there is no trace of That's what I say ... "
" Speaking of anomalies. "
" Oh, do not imagine much, a bizarre sequence of distribution between female and male births were born, you is not? "
" Well mine is a very limited universe thirty subjects. "
" Why so few? "
" It's a long story, if you care to know, but it is not particularly interesting. "
Godunov smiling under his mustache and Chantal not insists, old quarrels between colleagues.
At that moment the phone rings again, and the Commander.
"His claim is convincing, but I make a proposal, not just a personal interview? I would advise you to be a historian ... I want to say that a claim such as his can be satisfied in a week because the team aggregate fixed? "
" I can not blame her ... "
" Unless there is some ' Another, however, are not the only ones to strange requests in recent times, you? "
" He's fine ... allows me to meet him out? .. My term expires tomorrow. "
The commander did not think twice.
"Sure, but I recommend safety standards, the question seems delicate ... in any case ... it could be a soap bubble. "
Godunov following the interview with some impatience, feeling uncomfortable, until unable to see her with one hand and to leave the room.
"It certainly could be a soap bubble."
"Do not get me wrong Chantal. It allows me to call you by name? She is very nice even though we never met: I know his diligence and I appreciate that, but you should never overdo in the forecasts. "
Chantal smiles.
"Yeah, right, but I assure you that reading the data series I was immediately impressed
, but I understand his objections ..."
"More than my objections are reasons for caution, do not you think? However, I think that is brilliant, having regard to the report I had no doubts, is a historian who can help her up ... she has been sighted ... "
" Thank you and hope to meet him sooner or later ... "
" We accounts. "
Chantal gathers his papers, reviews the charts with the data, puts in the margin of the leaves small signs of recognition. She pauses again, it's hot, drink another beer, then walk around the room absorbed, sometimes stops. Now her face is wrinkled. Starts walking around the room drinking beer. Finally sits on the edge of the desk; ends beer and throws the empty can in the trash. Wrong target and roll the can across the room. Chantal follows it with the eye, the can rolls until it stops against the leg of the table on which there is a copier. Chantal gets up and approaches to documents, snatches them from the folder, look at them putting a hand to his mouth, rubbing his lips. She draws the copier and supports them on it. He approached the phone, then puts up the unit. Return to the photocopier and lights it; photocopy all the documents and then storing the originals in folder and make copies to another without any indication, puts it on the bottom of the suitcase.
0 comments:
Post a Comment